Years 7 and 8
Students follow a curriculum based around developing a greater understanding and tolerance of our multi-faith society.
- We investigate ultimate questions such as " why does evil exist?" and " what is the purpose of life?"
- We Study topics that explain the diversity of life and religion in the modern world
- We improve our philosophical thinking skills and the ability to think outside of the box
- We understand contemporary ethical and religious issues such as medical ethics and religious fundamentalism
- We develop communication skills and learn to clearly express your views and increase your self-confidence
From Year 9 onwards, Religious Studies is offered as an option to study at GCSE level. The course follows two religions; Christianity and Buddhism. Students will follow an in depth study of both of these religions. The topics studied throughout this course are:
- Christian Beliefs
- Marriage and the Family
- Living the Christian Life
- Matters of Life and Death
- Buddhist Beliefs
- Crime and Punishment
- Living the Buddhist Life
- Peace and Conflict